Happy Birthday Hovito! Today is December 4th, meaning Jay-Z is somewhere in the world celebrating his 44th birthday. But before the celebrations begin, he stirs up the pot by ranking his own catalog of music. Check out how Jay-Z ranks his albums from 1-12 below.
1. Reasonable Doubt (Classic)
2. The Blueprint (Classic)
3. The Black Album (Classic)
4. Vol. 2 (Classic)
5. American Gangster (4 1/2, cohesive)
6. Magna Carta (Fuckwit, Tom Ford, Oceans, Beach, On the Run, Grail)
7. Vol. 1 (Sunshine kills this album…fuck… Streets, Where I’m from, You Must Love Me…)
8. BP3 (Sorry critics, it’s good. Empire (Gave Frank a run for his money))
9. Dynasty (Intro alone…)
10. Vol. 3 (Pimp C verse alone… oh, So Ghetto)
11. BP2 (Too many songs. Fucking Guru and Hip Hop, ha)
12. Kingdom Come (First game back, don’t shoot me)
Do you agree? How would you rank Jay’s catalog? Let us know in the comments.
Still have albums you haven’t listened to or need to revisit before you answer? Click here to check out most of Jay-Z’s catalog.